The following is a summary of the major manpower and ministry updates that were announced at the 174th Anniversary Service on last Sunday:
· Pr Mary Chhuani was commissioned as Preacher. Her additional ministry portfolio includes Congregational Care/ Visitation/ Bereavement.
· Rev Kelvin Chen will join the Pastoral Team in October. His ministry portfolio includes: (1) YACHT (till mid 2019), (2) Men’s Ministry, (3) Senior Members Fellowship (Rev Chiam Cheng Kiat will continue to teach the SMF Bible study); (4) Missions; (5) Family Life Ministry; (6) Congregational Care/ Visitation/ Bereavement; (7) 20% of his ministry includes enrolling in Doctor of Ministry, SBC adjunct lecturing and external preaching engagements.
· In late 2016, the leadership was exploring the feasibility of starting a Saturday 5pm service. However, there were new developments in the restarting of the Chinese Ministry leading to the Mandarin service in 2018. Therefore, we will prioritize manpower resources to ensure the smooth launch of the Mandarin service. The idea for the Saturday 5pm service will be shelved for the future.
· The leadership is closely monitoring the worship space constraint at the 8:45am service. The leadership will assess the feasibility of various ideas and will announce to the congregation in due time. Meanwhile, there is still sufficient seating capacity in the Sanctuary up to 7 people per pew.
· PSPC’s Mandarin service will be launched in January 2018. It will be at 11am with Holy Communion conducted on 2nd Sunday of the month. Congregants are encouraged to reach out and invite their Mandarin-speaking parents, colleagues and friends. For enquiries, please contact Pr Cheam Wan Xian or Eld Justin Lee.
· PSPC Cancer Support Group is formed to provide encouragement, prayer support and practical help to patients and their family members. For enquiries, please contact Eld Lisa Theng or Victor Lim.
· As a response to SG Secure, the EDC has formed a PSPC Emergency Response Team comprising of Dn Greg Tan, Ang Kok Wah, Michael Goh, Ho Yew Keong and Edmund Chan (Church Manager). Ministry Leaders will be briefed on the Lost & Found SOP and Emergency Response SOP at the Leadership Planning Retreat.